Provided by InvestMidwest
KANSAS CITY, Mo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, InvestMidwest Venture Capital Forum announced that 30 companies have been selected to fill coveted presentation slots at its April 10-11 event. Applications from more than 80 companies nationwide were reviewed for the prestigious selection, which allows the companies to present their business plans to some of the nation's leading venture capital firms and angel investors.
InvestMidwest is an annual showcase for the best high-growth technology, general business, life sciences and biosciences companies throughout the nation's midsection.
"The forum's ultimate goal is to provide the selected entrepreneurs the opportunity to share the visions of their fast-growth companies with investors who can help lift their firms to the next level," said Chris Walsh, InvestMidwest's Executive Director. "We have some exciting companies that hold great promise for the future in their use of leading-edge science and technology."
Participants from throughout the Midwest and the rest of the country include:
- ApoImmune of Louisville, Ky.
- Brill Street + Company of Chicago, Ill.
- Cine-tal Systems of Indianapolis, Ind.
- Colby Pharmaceutical Company of Menlo Park, Calif. and Madison, Wis.
- CS-Keys of Indianapolis, Ind.
- FiberForge of Glenwood Springs, Colo.
- DataServ of St. Louis, Mo.
- Edunn Biotechnology of St. Louis, Mo.
- Envisioneering of St. Louis, Mo.
- GameRail of St. Louis, Mo.
- Global Velocity of Clayton, Mo.
- Heated Concrete Solutions of Lincoln, Neb.
- iSEEK Corporation of Ames, Iowa
- KCBioMediX of Lawrence, Kan.
- Kereos of St. Louis, Mo.
- Knotice of Akron, Ohio
- MAR Systems of Cleveland, Ohio
- MedAccuracy of Lenexa, Kan.
- Medros of St. Louis, Mo.
- Mobius Therapeutics of Cumming, Ga.
- Nebraska Surgical Solutions of Omaha, Neb.
- Netlogic of St. Louis, Mo.
- Nuvio Corporation of Overland Park, Kan.
- OpenMethods of Kansas City, Mo.
- Pradama of Louisville, Ky.
- Probiotic Holdings of Kansas City, Mo.
- ProNAi Therapeutics of Kalamazoo, Mich.
- RhinoCyte of Louisville, Ky.
- sixThings of Oklahoma City, Okla.
- ZyStor Therapeutics of Milwaukee, Wis.
These companies will present their high-growth businesses to the venture capitalists and angel investors attending
InvestMidwest on April 10-11. Companies that presented at InvestMidwest's first seven events have raised
more than $250 million in equity investments.
"As you can see, we get companies from throughout the Midwest," said Ms. Walsh. "These presenters will show some of the nation's greatest innovations to some very influential investors."
This year's event will take place in suburban Overland Park, Kan., at Sprint.